Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Balance????

I was naughty and bought some new goodies.
They just pulled at me and I had to give in.


These have a specific purpose even if I will attempt to not start it anytime soon.


These, I just liked. Definitely won't be the last time that happens.
And Witt got a new box.
Slightly smaller than his last one, but he is making it work.


The quilt behind him is on my finish soon list.
It is actually the second quilt that I ever made.
This was back in 2004 or 2005? Help me Joy
No fence rails for me--I jumped into the class in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia when they were doing stratta quilts (my first one) and crazy paper piecing (the one above).
Scarily enough, after having to take the whole thing apart and putting it back together, I actually really enjoy doing paper piecing.
 I just need to decide if I want to put borders on it.

I did more than unpack goodies today.
I finished stitching all of the petals I was working on.
They still need to be trimmed and turned, but after trying really hard to make them round--I think that will be the easy part.


They are #2 on my UFO list and a gift.

  
Also added some more parts to the patchkats.


Started feeling a bit more confident with the directions and immediately made a few boo boo's that needed to be unpicked.
That will teach me. Time for relaxing.

   
Hope everyone had some time to be creative!
L,A-  

2 comments:

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

I think you are finally on a roll there--
love that flamingo print--nice and cheery--
and you got a nice line up of projects there going on--
so--keep going-
enjoy the moments-di
and I love your helper--mr witt--

Joy from Days Filled With Joy said...

Aaaaah... that quilt :) I did finally finish it :) Love the fabric! xx