Wednesday, September 15, 2010

I Have Been a Naughty, Naughty Blogger

...but I have not been idle. I have been quite busy getting ready for a new year of homeschooling and lots of house remodeling and getting ready for visits from family members.
And I have even been able to get a little bit of sewing done. Mandatory for sanity!!!!
These are several of the things that we have been getting ready for:
OK, so they don't look all that exciting at the moment, but they will be soon. The fridge and the range are installed. The dishwasher is waiting for a new door. Shipping is a dangerous sport. It has a big boo boo at the bottom.
In between all the remodeling I have accomplished this top for my fall challenge from Di:
and these two blocks are for Joy's finish challenge:
They are part of this pinwheel quilt that I have been working on:
and I have not showed you all of my Jelly Roll blocks. They are all finished; I just need to put them all together.
And I had a really nice surprise in the mail the other day. Di had us all guess what number post she was coming up to and I guessed 500. And I was right!!!!
She also gave me a goodie for finishing a fall project. 
Look at all these yummy things:
They are hard to see, but up there on the top right are the cutest little buttons. Look at these precious flip flops:
Thank you Di!!!!
Well, that is enough catching up for now. I need to do some more sewing and finishing and keep up with my blogging like a good little quilter.
Hope you are all having a great week.
Two more days until the weekend.
L,A-

5 comments:

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

Hey--I am first!!!!
Glad you are back in blog land--
Have 'dying' to see those Turkey blocks--how cute--love all the sewing--looking good there!!!
Hugs, Di

Joy McD said...

Lovely lovely blocks, all of them! And the flip flops are gorgeous :)
lv,
Joy

andsewon said...

That is a cute turkey runner!!! Would look great on MY table...red an all ya know!;-)
Your pin wheels look awesome gal!Jelly roll blocks do too.
Great gift package Miss Di sent ya..love those flip flops!!

Stitched With Prayer said...

Hi There, I have been following your blog since I discovered JJ's and the Fruit of the Spirit BOM that I love so much. Then I read about the three of you so I follow JJ's, Joy's and of course yours because I enjoy all three so much. I am new to making stitchery blocks for quilts and I absolutely love it. OH I knew how to embroidery but due to problems with my health that affected my hands, I had just been machine piecing quilts and loving that too. But for the last three months I haven't been able to work at my sewing machine and I was going crazy. Then I had to have emergency surgery and just HAD to have something to occupy my mind and hands while I recovered and low and behold, God opened another window for me. Embroidered quilt blocks. They have been a blessing ... but now I wonder if when the doctor releases me to regular activity and I can sew again, will I want to sit at the machine or continue to embroidery, LOL? Ah well, they will eventually come together. Wow, that was a long way to let you know that I have been checking your blog every day. Though I haven't commented much. I have to tell you though just one more thing, I noticed you go the Tuffets patterns...oooooo, I'm so envious! but happy for you. Enjoy and I'm really glad to see you posting. Hugs...Whoops, I forgot to tell you how much I adore the pinwheel quilt your working on! The colors are gorgeous and I can't wait to see the finished piece.

Quiltjane said...

Thanks for popping over to my blog and entering the competition. I love those Turkey blocks.