Friday, August 14, 2009

Sweets and Wishes

I had to take a little time out from sewing and turn into the other mother. The one that bakes goodies and makes tummies happy. I got a wee bit carried away, but it was fun. I tried out a new muffin recipe that called for raspberries and white chocolate, but I didn't have raspberries so I used blueberries. Then I made my favorite--Mountain Dew cake. Sounds weird but oh so yummy. Any kind of lemony soda will do. And then I made chocolate chip cookie bars just because who doesn't like chocolate chip cookie bars????And then I whipped up several chicken recipes to rewarm as the week goes on so everyone should be happy. And then...I got back to the business of sewing. I decided I would be ambitious and try to complete Debbie Mumm Christmas Wishes before the end of the month. I wasn't going to...not sure if I can...but I am going to try. I need to figure out another simple Christmas project to do in case I don't get done, but it will be something easy so I can do it in a flash if things are not going well with the Wishes. Here is what I have done so far...

I still have to put these cute little heart buttons on the basket...

and do the stitching around the leaves, but I have decided to leave that for TV time and start working on the gazillion half square triangles in the next block. I have four blocks left to do and the large Christmas flower in the center. I can do this!!! As long as I don't get distracted by the other gazillion projects I have going. Must put my blinders on. And on that note I should get back to work. Hope everyone has had a great day!! A-

1 comment:

Joy McD said...

I don't suppose there will be any yummies left by the time we get there!
The blocks are looking great - you can do it!!!
lv,
Joy