Monday, August 10, 2009

Making my sewing room bigger!

I seem to have spent a lot of time the last couple of days sorting through fabric-Christmas especially-and it has migrated to many parts of the house. The lounge has become my audition room. There is stuff everywhere. At least I believe I have accomplished a few things, decision wise anyway.
I have lots of little two inch squares cut out for baskets. It was easier to decide which ones looked good when I had lots to choose from. Besides they will all get used eventually. This batch will soon be a simple version of the basket from Pink Penquin. I am still playing at this point, but I will stop thinking and start sewing soon.
And this one will have the cute little stithery patterns that Cheryl from Willowberry Designs created. It will take me a bit longer to finish with all those cute little designs but I will get there.
Since I was at one with the rotary cutter, I also cut out the next four blocks in the Debbie Mumm Christmas Wishes from 2008. I really do have far too many things going at the same time, but at least I won't get bored! I hope!! I have finished sewing blocks 1-5 and 6-9 are ready to go. No excuses!! This not one of the projects I plan on finishing for Di's challenge. It would be a nice thought, but I am not that fast and obviously I get distracted. I am going to set my own challenge and try to get it done by Christmas. Should be doable. On that note I suppose I should start turning all these little pieces into finished projects. It is cloudy and rainy outside--the perfect day for hiding and sewing. Hopefully I can get lots done. Hopefully everyone else out there will too. A-

No comments: