Thursday, March 12, 2009

What To Do?


I am spinning around the sewing room trying to decide what to do for Frugal Friday. I have lots to choose from.

Last night I started a cute little basket from scraps http://ayumills.blogspot.com/2008/05/tutorial-fabric-basket.html that has me stuck hunting a color for the bottom and a handle. Maybe it will be easier in the sunshine. I think I am aiming for a green shade but I will keep trying.


I also have the March block from Harmony village to get busy on. It is a many layered tree so I can find lots of green shades for that as well. It looks like it will be a treasure hunt day but that is OK. You never know what you will find.


I am very happy to play with lots of things now that I have finished my son's pillow. Complete with stippling which I am new too and lack any kind of confidence in doing. Practice, practice, practice!!!!! It matches his quilt that I finally finished last year after starting it 4 years ago when we lived in Saudi Arabia. Wanting to finish while we were still living in Australia I turned it over to Marlene at Redgate Quilting in Alexandria, Victoria. I was not disappointed, she did a beautiful job, but I am determined that I will do my own quilting from now on. I can do it!!! I will get confident!!!



Doesn't he look peaceful?

I must also work on my Mom's borders some more. I think that will be OK on Frugal Friday since it was super sale fabric and it has been in my stash for a very long time. This should be more than enough to keep me busy.

On that note--time to dive into the stash and hunt for some green bits.

Happy frugalness!

No comments: