Friday, January 25, 2013

Snow and Sew

 
You are supposed to be doing English!!!!
But Mom!!!!
School got interrupted today for sure!
But I am just as big a kid, because I was just as easily distracted.
 


 
It sounds so nice and quiet out there. Mutes the sound of the 27 fender benders that were reported in our town alone!! Stay home everyone and enjoy.
And sew!!
I have managed to get a little bit done. The whole family has been sick for the last two weeks, so it has been a slow sew! I finished another scrappy star block from Terry's Treasures last SAL and I have a pile started for another one and a pile started for her current SAL.

 
 
 I have also started working on this wool felt project for Di's 2013 Challenge. New things are good for you! This is my first wool project. Well unless you count the jacket I made about 30 years ago. Last time I ever tried to match plaids on a piece of clothing since I wasn't planning on ever getting rid of my "curious" kitties.

 
So, I was wishing we would get snowed in so that I could just stay in and stare out the window and sew. No such luck--the sun is coming out tomorrow and the warm temperatures are going to start again. Wait, you can sew quite nicely when the sun is shining!!!
OK, no excuses--I must sew!
Hope everyone is tucked inside and safe if you are in this winter storm.
L,A-


6 comments:

Terry said...

I love your orange star block! And your little candle mat is so cute! I've only ever made a wool pincushion, but I'd love to make a few more things one of these days! :0)

andsewon said...

G should be here would have a ball in big open field full of snow! Well look at you all orange there. Loving those pumpkins!Pretty!

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

I love 'your' snow pictures and it looks like someone is enjoying the snow big time!!! we did not get much at all here--it was your turn!!
Now I am not an orange fan--but I love that orange block--cute and I do like orange pumpkins so that looks like it well come out nicely!!
Hugs, di and miss gracie

Dana said...

you're a winner on my blog Alice! Yay! Shoot me an email letting me know your choices and where to send it! :)

Narelle said...

I love seeing 'snow' photos...especially when I'm melting on my side the world :)

Karen said...

I like your blog name! I was browsing on another blog and saw a link to yours. The name caught my attention. Good choice.