Monday, November 16, 2009

Ripping and Tearing

I think I have been doing more seam ripping than I have sewing this week.  That and tearing my hair out!! As long as I only get the gray ones, I guess it is OK.
I have been working on trying to catch up on my Calico Cut-Ups BOM . I am threatening to turn it into a six or nine month quilt.  Some of the instructions are not real clear and some of the blocks are a wee bit daunting. I am also about to run out of one of the colors I am using, so that may sway my decision even more. We shall see--here is what I have done so far:

I also started to quilt my carolers wallhanging.  UGH!!! I just got through unpicking all that I did.  With all the little seams, it is very hard to do a nice smooth curve.  I am thinking I may have to break down and see if I can do a little hand quilting.  OH DEAR!!! And can I finish by the end of the month if I do.  Maybe a combination.  We shall see.
I also started another project--YES I AM CRAZY!!!! Well, I went to the grocery store and I saw some really yummy looking cherries--BUT--they were $30 a kilogram (2.2 pounds)--SO--I left them there. Then I came home and made this pie instead:


                                      
                                               
It will last a lot longer and won't stick to my hips, so it is probably a better pie to make anyway.  I am going to make a few more different varieties and then decide what they will become. 
So hopefully I have done enough boo boos and finished unpicking for the rest of the week (hee hee hee hee) and I will be able to get something accomplished!!!!!!
And Joy  is back from vacation!!!! Yay!!! Well, I am glad anyway--she may still want to be on vacation.  Instant whine feedback is very helpful when you are making boo boos.  So it is going to be a great week!!!
For everyone out there!!! Have a good one, A-

1 comment:

Joy McD said...

I love the cherry pie :) I got some more strawberries the other day, and will send them up to you soon :)
Your calicos look great as well...
lv,
Joy