Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Catch Up Time and Getting Ready for Visiting!!!


Let me see. What have I done since last I wrote. I have a few more things accomplished. My sewing room is back to some kind of neatness. I needed the floor so that I could pin my sister's quilt. It is now quilted and I just need to do the binding and a few other details. Yay! The hard part is done. Can't show pictures yet--she might be looking.


Also l have completed two of my Sundrop Critters blocks. I still have to finish the last March one before leaving for Joy's so that I can finish the handsewing while I am there. Can't wait! We are going to have a sew-a-thon.

I would have been finished but I was busy spinning around cleaning for rental inspection and packing and all the other things that go on in a day and trying to sew at the same time. So as is to be expected I made a boo boo and had to take part of it apart. So now I will finish a few things and set out a bit of time for me and my machine alone. We shall see.

I have also almost finished my calendar blocks. All of my strips are put together--I just need to do the stitching on them. Hmm?? One more thing to throw into the suitcase. Maybe I will have a chance to stitch the words on them. That would be nice.


My picture is upside down. January is on the bottom and March is on the top, but they are together. It is going to be a very colorful quilt.


And on that note I need to get back to work. Only two more sleeps until our plane ride. Woo Hoo!!! Well, actually it will be closer to one sleep since our plane takes off at 6:10 am. Counting back for the hour or so early we need to be at the airport and the time it takes to drive there and the leaving the house somewhat ready for inspection (no running out the door with unmade beds) it hardly seems worth sleeping. I will nap on the plane. NOT!!! Too excited.


Must finish my block!!


A-

No comments: