Saturday, September 9, 2017

Orange Stuff

I have been spending a lot of time watching the Weather Channel this week because Irma is going to be messing with a lot of my friends and my goddaughter in Florida.
Lots of prayers and good wishes are definitely going that way. I am sure that we will get some extra moisture from it here in Virginia as well, but nothing like they are experiencing.

In between watching the storm, I have managed to get some sewing done.
Some orange sewing done.


These just make me smile. They are super bright and cheery.

Over the long weekend, DH and I went to the Norfolk Botanical Garden to get our walking in and I had to take some more orange pictures along the way.
 
 

This is part of a giant wildflower field that I just love.

 
 It is also butterfly time at the garden.
This guy decided to pose for us.


I did some more sewing and some shopping also.
Witt was happy about that last one.
He took over both boxes.


More photos tomorrow.
I hope everyone is somewhere safe and dry.
L,A-

7 comments:

The Joyful Quilter said...

Such wonderful ORANGE blocks and some extras found in nature!!

scraphappy said...

What happy orange blocks. Try to stay dry, it looks like Irma is going to keep going north for a while.

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

Orange blocks are pretty--and you even have an orange cat!!!
Mr Witt and his boxes--have never understood why cats love boxes and bags???
make some orange blocks for me--
enjoy the moments, di

Cathy said...

Witt reminds me of my cat Alfie! Anyway, your orange blocks look like little hurricanes on a weather map! But I love the blocks. Can you tell what's been on my mind?

pdudgeon said...

Wow, I had no idea there was another quilter in Suffolk!
and quilty cats to boot! how great is that!
love your blocks and your gardening photos as well.

TheEclecticAbuela said...

Pretty blocks!

Joy from Days Filled With Joy said...

Witt looks comfy.. don't think I would be in a box...! Love the blocks! Hope P & M are safe in Florida xx